Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In the Garden

I wanted to share a fun little pocket card I made using the Charlie's Ark "In the Garden" Creative Kit - pre-printed art is not what I usually work with, but I have it, so I had some fun..... and I definitely put my own spin on it!
I cut the partial oval in the topper with a Coluzzle template to create a window card, and I sandwiched a piece of acetate in between layers... so that oval goes all the way through! The card has a pocket inside, which you can see further down. I sponged on some clouds, using a scalloped circle as a mask, added a bit of shading here and there with a Sepia pencil, and sponged the edges... of course a boy doing gardening would have dirt everywhere, so I used Ultrafine Earth Flower Soft for dirt, and some Toffee in the flower center. I'll just share lots of pictures so you can see the details and dimension here... the kit comes with die-cut pieces and partial images that are meant for layering. Everything is ready to pop out and use - super easy. I used foam tape between my layers so they'd stand out more.

Here's the inside............

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is just stunning. I love how you added your own special touch to the image. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete