Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Hi! Jeanne here!
This week's Design Team challenge was to make a project with Flower Soft Stems.
Here is a great tutorial if you're new to Flower Soft stems:  Flower Soft Bouquet
 
Here is my card:
jmsfs-birthday-wishes-copy.jpg

I printed the Flower Soft TV Limited edition digital paper on white cardstock for my card back.
I made Flower Soft Stems 3 ways. I used Fuchsia Flower Soft, and Ultra Fine Sage Flower Soft for the floral stems. On the rest I colored the stems green with a Copic marker (YG97). I wrapped the green stems around a paintbrush to get the cute curly look. I then bundled all my stems by wrapping strong thread around them and then added the ribbon. The last step was arranging my flowers by bending them a bit here and there until I was happy with the shape.
Here is a closer look at my stems:
jmsfs-birthday-wishes-close-copy.jpg
 Toppers: Sentiments Baskets and Butterflies - Flower Soft
Papers:Flower Soft TV Limited edition digital paper, Bazzill
Ink: Ranger Distress Brushed Corduroy
Flower Soft (Fuchsia, Ultra Fine Sage)
Copic marker, Flower Soft glue, ribbon from Offray, Nestabilities Spellbinders 

Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is just one stunning card. Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you did with those stems is truly amazing! I need to play with mine.

    ReplyDelete