Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Country Church Pop-up

Thought I'd experiment with the Country Village Topper Kit and try making a pop-up card... I wasn't really sure what I was doing, so I hit a couple of snags, but it turned out ok after all!

The kit has 2 elements for each scene - here you can see the dimension this gives. I used Lavender, Christmas Green, and Ultrafine Sage Flower Soft to add dimension to the vines. The sentiment I used is from Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Co.The pop-up elements are created with strips of cardstock... the important thing is that they are all the same width, but the height of them can vary. A small one might be scored at .5", 1.5", 2", and 3" with a little overhang on one end to create a rectangle (2 sides are .5" long, and the other 2 are 1"...... the important thing to remember is that you are creating rectangles... so make sure your sides match up.).


Hope you'll give the Country Village kits a try!

4 comments:

  1. wonderfully done!
    you are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really wonderful! What a stunning idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely it look like. Truly divine and awesome post it is. I like the card of church.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting and inspirational post. I appreciate your work and it's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete