Tuesday, January 18, 2011

whole or part?

Just wanted to share how versatile the Charlie's Ark "I Love You" set can be - here are two cards I created using the same set:The first card is watercolored using reinkers, as a winter scene (with Polar White snow and an Ultrafine Sage shag carpet!).

A card in the Flower Soft idea gallery inspired the second card - it was a bit tedious, but I love the results. I wanted to use just part of the "I Love You" image so I carefully colored just Charlie with a Marvy LePlume II marker. (If you didn't want to have to be so careful with a marker, you could stamp the whole image, and just cut Charlie out.) I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the bird on Charlie's finger (the bird is from one of the Moments in Time Christmas sets, called Little Friend), and also colored just his outline with a marker. I colored the image with Touch Twin Markers.
Hope this inspires you to look at your stamps in a different way today!
Dina

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, these are so cute. What a wonderful job done here. I soooo love them both.
    And I agree, I will have a new look at all my stamps after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Charming cards! Barbara jay

    ReplyDelete