Monday, November 22, 2010

Counting Down to Christmas!


Christmas is coming faster than I can handle! I'll probably be sharing a lot of Holiday Projects with you between now and then as I'm trying to get everything completed in time!

One of my Best Girlfriends in the whole wide world came down for a visit last weekend. She always manages to come with a very cool project idea and quite often the ideas come from another good friend. I'm not quite sure where Kim got this idea, but it's an altered clipboard advent Calendar. Do you see the panel where the tags seem to be hanging freestyle? Well behind that panel is a small circular piece of lightweight metal, from which you can hang the tags, that have tiny magnets attached to the back. Most of the letters, tags and accessories are cut with my Cricut and the Christmas and Story Book Cartridges. I used the Silver Flower Soft to create that pretty line of tinsel between the stripe and tree patterned paper. Silver AND Gold are the two newest colours in the Flower Soft Line. Except for the cutting, this project was relatively easy to make...........now just to find a girly girl to give it to!

To those of my American friends celebrating Thanksgiving later this week, I wish you a safe and happy Holiday!

Happy Crafting!

Vicki

Supplies:

Flowersoft-Silver
Clipboard, Small Magnets -Dollar Store
Paper: Teal, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red -SU Designer Paper-My Minds Eye
Die Cuts: Cricut
Rhinestones: Kaiser Craft
Embossing Folder-Cuttlebug

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE this project. I just made my first altered clipboard a couple weeks ago and had so much fun with it. never thought about doing it as an advent calendar...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your awesome clipboard, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your looking for a girl to pass this onto I will volunteer! HEHE! :)

    It is wonderful!!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete