Monday, August 30, 2010

Clean and Simple Notes-Just for you


Good Monday Morning! Hope you're enjoying the final days of summer. I can't believe that Autumn's almost upon us. You can feel the crispness in the air and it's starting to get dark here just after 8 p.m. I must say that i've enjoyed a wonderful summer, but I always look forward to Sweater Weather!

Today, I've created this simple not card using the Just for You stamp from the Moments in Time Line

To keep your images simple and to cut down on colouring time, try shading the image just a bit to add dimension. I used BG10 to do this, but cool gray works well too!



I added Fuchsia Flower Soft for the Flowers and Shamrock Green for the Foliage. Initially I added my Fuchsia mix to the bouquet, then went in and added the Shamrock Green. I found the green a little overpowering, so I simply added more Fuchsia, which gave me a fuller bouquet and became the predominant colour again. Lesson: If you're not quite happy with the result you achieve, just let your area dry for a bit and add more!

The card itself is very simple. I cut the image with my nestabilities. Then I decided to use my Copic Airbrush system to do the shading around the edge of the card. The DP is Lily Kate from Basic Grey and I edged the paper with a SU border Punch!

Have a lovely week and I'll be back next monday with another little project for you!

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. Vicki, that is so soft and pretty! Love the little girl and the Flower Soft just makes this perfect.

    ReplyDelete